Travel the globe with Current World Archaeology, the magazine that brings you up-to-date with the latest archaeological discoveries: from the earliest emergence of humans, right up to yesterday, spanning the world from Classical Greece and Rome, through Egypt, Mesopotamia and the Near East, into Asia, the Far East and beyond.
Explore sites – and sights – through our exclusive features and eye-popping photography. We bring you the stories from the archaeologists themselves, so you learn first-hand from the experts about the latest finds and most up-to-date research. Discover the what, where, when and why from the people doing the digging, and see for yourself the glorious locations of their exciting excavations.
Let Current World Archaeology take you on a journey around the world in our vibrant travel section. We give you an insight into exclusive locations on every continent: from the Mayan jungle to the Siberian tundra, from the Greek Archipelago to the Easter Island enigma – we venture off the beaten track to bring you the hidden histories others miss.
- Features: Each issue includes several major features, covering the whole world
- News: Each issue includes the latest archaeological news and discoveries from around the globe
- Travel: Each issue includes travel features, giving inspiration for the best archaeological destinations
- Reviews: Each issue reviews the latest archaeological books
- Museum: Each issue features and reviews a must-see museum from around the world
- Columns: Each issue features regular columns from Charles Higham and Chris Catling
- Forum: Each issue includes letters from our readers, a crossword, a photo puzzle, and a cartoon
- Object Lesson: Each issue highlights a beautiful, unique, and often quirky ancient object and the story of its discovery
Who produces it?
Current World Archaeology is produced by Current Publishing (who also produce a sister magazine, Current Archaeology). You can find a list of our main contributors here. We are a small and enthusiastic team based in West London where we write and design the magazine, and also deal with the subscriptions and business functions of the magazine. So if you have any queries about CWA, just give us a call on 020 8819 5580 and there will be someone here to help you.
How do I get Current World Archaeology?
Published six times a year, Current World Archaeology has a large international readership and is sold on the newsstands in both the UK and North America and via subscription. Current World Archaeology is available to buy in WH Smith high street and travel stores, and by subscription, which is the best value option offers the biggest saving on the cover price. By subscribing, you will also get every issue delivered directly to your door, before they go on sale on shops, and a subscription is risk free – if within the first 2 months you find the magazine isn’t for you, we will refund your money in full, and you get to keep the magazines you have already received.