Current World Archaeology, Britain’s most popular world archaeology magazine, tells you about the archaeology of the whole world – from the first emergence of man down to the present day.
Current World Archaeology was founded in 2003 as a sister magazine to Current Archaeology which, since 1967, has been reporting on the latest discoveries in British archaeology. As the UK’s most popular magazine on world archaeology, Current World Archaeology now has 10,000 UK subscribers, and a further 20,000 subscribers across the world.
The magazine aims to bridge the gap between the amateur and the professional in archaeology. Most of the articles are written by the archaeologists involved, and are then edited to ensure it is accessible to all. We aim neither to preach, nor to give a bare recital of facts. Instead we tell you the stories; why the excavators went there; how they made thir discoveries; what they found – and what it all means.
- Features: Each issue includes 6 or more major features, covering the whole world
- News: Each issue includes the latest archaeological news and discoveries from around the globe
- Travel: Each issue includes travel features, giving inspiration for the best archaeological destinations
- Reviews: Each issue reviews the latest archaeological books
- Museum: Each issue features and reviews a must-see museum from around the world
- Columns: Each issue features regular columns from Charles Higham and Chris Catling
- Great Excavation: Each issue we feature a great discovery of the archaeological world
Who produces it?
Current World Archaeology is produced by Current Publishing (who also produce a sister magazine, Current Archaeology). You can find a list of our main contributors here. We are a small and enthusiastic team based in West London where we write and design the magazine, and also deal with the subscriptions and business functions of the magazine. So if you have any queries about CWA, just give us a call on 020 8819 5580 and there will be someone here to help you.
How do I get Current World Archaeology?
Current World Archaeology is available to buy in WH Smith high street and travel stores, and by subscription, which is the best value option and saves 19% on the cover price. By subscribing, you will also get every issue delivered directly to your door, before they go on sale on shops, and a subscription is risk free – if within the first 2 months you find the magazine isn’t for you, we will refund your money in full, and you get to keep the magazines you have already received.